The law has just changed. A new set of Consumer Rights came into force on 1 Oct 2015.
To sumarise this for you, when you purchase from Uniquely Christmas Trees you are buying 'Goods' - essentially a 'Good' is anything you can hold such as a Kettle, toaster or an item of clothing or a Christmas tree, whether new, second-hand or bought online.
Thes Goods must adhere to the following:
- Be of 'Satisfactory' quality
- In a legal context and in a dispute, it means goods must be in a state that you, or any other normal, reasonable person would think was reasonable.
- Be 'As Described'
- A Green Christmas tree must not be Blue, for example. Or a 6ft tree must not be 6 inches when it arrives.
- Be 'Fit for Purpose'
- This does not mean if you order a 120cm wide tree and it does not fit in your 90cm porch, then it is unfit - that means you have ordered the wrong thing!
- And 'Last a Reasonable amount of time'
- This means stuff must work and not fall to bits after an hour's use, hence our guarantee
So, with this in mind all our goods are described in full, with photographs we have taken ourselves and come with a 5 year guarantee!
If, however, there is an issue we can not resolve which falls out of the above, then you are entitled to a refund within 14 days of the item being returend to us.
The Consumer Rights Act 2015 changed your rights to reject something faulty, and be entitled to a full refund in most cases, from a 'reasonable time' to a fixed period of 30 days - in most cases. After that, you lose the short-term right to reject the goods and you'll have fewer rights, such as only being able to ask for a repair or replacement.
So if your item arrives and its faulty, you must let us know within 30 days:
Change of Mind
- You automatically get a 14-day ‘cooling-off period’ when you buy something you haven’t seen in person - unless it’s bespoke or made to measure.
- If the unlikely event that you decide to return an item due to a change of mind then you must contact us first either via our contact form or direct email (firstname.lastname@example.org) within 14 days.
- Once we have confirmed that the goods can be returned via email, you must ensure that the item returned is in an unused and perfect re-saleable condition. The item must be returned complete, with all the original packaging and instructions that where sent to you, otherwise we will be unable to refund you.
- If you have reduced the value of the item by removing the or damaging its packaging, we will deduct this from your refund.
- Upon satisfactory receipt of the goods we shall issue a refund for the cost of the goods only. Refunds will be made within 14 days starting when the items arrives back with us, either by cheque or the original method of payment.
- YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE COST OF RETURNING THE ITEM BACK TO US If our courier collects the item on our behalf from you then we shall deduct a collection fee specified to you from the price you paid, the balance shall be paid via refund to you.
- In cases where you arrange your own delivery back to uniqelycristmastrees.co.uk we strongly recommend that you obtain proof of postage in the form of a signed receipt or signed collection/delivery notification from your courier. We would also recommend using a ‘tracked’ method of delivery. We will not be held responsible for loss when arranging your own collections.
- Unfortunately we regret that in the case of personalized or bespoke products we are unable to provide a refund on these items.
- Our policy on returns does not affect you Statutory Rights as a consumer.
- If the goods are received damaged and you have notified us within 14 days of recipt then we will offer you a full refund within 14 days of the item arriving back with us, or if you prefer an alternative product. In such as case please contact us by email or contact us via our website Contact form. Signing for any item upon receipt confirms that the goods where delivered in good condition, however if the contents of an unopened box are damaged we ask that you contact us within 24 hours of signing. We are unable to consider any claim for damaged goods after this time period.
- Upon confirmation of damage, confirming all our terms have been met, we will then decide the most cost effective method for returning the product back to us. Once we have decided the method of return we shall pay for the reasonable return carriage of the goods.
- When returning an item back to us please enclose all the packaging, instructions, leaflets etc that came with the product, together with a brief written explanation of the fault. If you decide to arrange your own delivery again we strongly recommend that you obtain proof of postage in the form of a signed receipt or signed collection/delivery notification from your courier. We would also recommend using a ‘tracked’ method of delivery. If the item goes missing upon return, we may not be able to issue a refund or postage refund without this proof.
- In the case of personalized products or any item that has been made to your specification, again we regret that we are unable to provide a refund on these items. Such items are excluded from the Distance Selling Regulations Act 2000. If you receive such an item that has been damaged then will repair or replace the product. Where this is not possible, a full refund will be offered.
- In the unlikely event that you receive goods which were not what you ordered or which are damaged or defective, or are of a different quantity to that stated on your order form, Uniquelychristmastrees.co.uk shall make good any shortage or non-delivery, replace or repair any damaged or defective goods, or refund to you the amount you paid for the goods in question, postage will not be refunded and return delivery charges are paid by the customer.
- Please follow our returns authorization procedure by contacting Uniquelychristmastrees.co.uk by email. We will email you a returns authorization number where required along with details on how and where to send your item. Please notify Uniquelychristmastrees.co.uk of the problem in writing via email as soon as possible and preferably within 14 working days of delivery of the goods. NOTHING IN THIS CLAUSE AFFECTS YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS.
- Multi-buy items: Main or qualifying multi-buy items can be returned to us if they are damaged or defective. We are able to offer you a replacement for any qualifying multi-buy items. Due to the nature of these promotions, we cannot offer you a refund for the main or qualifying item alone.
- Test of returned items: We test every single return. If a returned item is found not to be faulty and is of the described quality and / or matches the description / photo or media accurately by our test we will return the item to you and you will be liable for the postage. We advise you to check this carefully. We will not refund postage for items found to be in good working order, or of the correct quality and likness to images or media - you should allow fir the fact images on the web may differ slightly due to screen resolutions or other factors out of our control.
- In the rare and unlikely event of your item developing a fault, our policy for faulty items is set out as follows: If your product develops a manufacturing fault within 14 days of accepting delivery we will offer you a full refund or a replacement item.
- You may cancel the contract at any time but no later than 14 working days after the day you received the product by:
- Sending the notice of cancellation by email ensuring that you quote your name, address and order reference number; or
- Where you have already received the goods, following our returns authorization procedure – by contacting Uniquelychristmastrees.co.uk by email or phone. We will provide you with a returns authorization number along with details on how and where to send your item. Wrap the item securely and include the original invoice along with your returns authorization number. You must ensure that the goods are packaged adequately to protect against damage. If you fail to take reasonable care of the goods before they are returned to us, and this result in damage or deterioration, we will charge you for the reduction in value.
- Items that are excluded from the right to cancel include the following: (a) goods made to specification or otherwise personalized; (b) items that contain consumables.
- We will refund your credit card once we have received and processed the item as soon as possible and in any event within 14 days of notice of cancellation. You will be liable for any charges incurred in returning the goods to Uniquelychristmastrees.co.uk or if you fail to return goods you will be liable for any charges incurred in relation to attempts to collect the goods.
- Should you have any queries regarding the above information, please e-mail us at email@example.com.